Our hotel and all our 23 rooms (spacious) meet the four star standard as set out in the accommodation decree was laid down by the Flemish Government. The Department Flanders International of the Flemish Government closely monitors whether or not we are worthy of this standard (last check dates back to 2018). Of course, we are also in order with all permits (fire, food safety, ...).
"Four stars" does not only refer to the comfort level of the (what room many people - wrongly - think). This must of course be on four-star level, but there's a lot more to it than that.
The big difference between a B&B and a hotel is that a hotel like ours has much more staff available and also offers more services and extra facilities at the disposal of the guests. A hotel is by definition also much more discrete than a small B&B where the typical host/hostess immediately notices the guest (and/or sometimes thinks she needs to intervene). The motto towards our staff is: "Always remain discreetly available to give that extra attention or to provide those services when the guest needs them.“.
Our hotel is equipped with the following things/does the following:
- Central safe
- Closed luggage compartment
- Closed cloakroom
- Sun terrace
- Parking (40 cars can be parked on the domain)
- Gastronomic "à la carte" restaurant
- Banquet possibilities
- An adapted diet will be provided on request (please ask in advance).
- Additional multimedia facilities (a Playstation and Wii are available)
- Broadband internet (Telenet Fibernet XL @ 700 Mbps download speed)
- Meeting facilities (various seminar rooms)
- On request, a computer with internet connection can be obtained.
- At breakfast the drinks (coffee, tea, chocolate, ...) are served at the table.
- On request you can lend out an umbrella
- You can rent recreational items (e.g. bicycles, tickets, ...)
- We have a closed bicycle shed
- Gifts can be bought on demand (regional products, flowers, ...).
- If you wish, you will be roomescorted to your home.
- Fire detectors everywhere with central reporting system
- Alarm system with automatic forwarding to central control room and police.
In addition, our rooms are equipped with:
- Basic set of products (body lotion, shampoo/conditioner, luxury soap)
- Extensive set of products in VIP rooms (toothpaste, shaving equipment)
- Separate shaving mirror
- Pull-out clothesline
- Bath (seven rooms even have a single or double jacuzzi)
- Shower with Grohe Rainshower Icon
- Double beds (possibly as so-called "Twins" to make up) with box springs
- Door spy
- Additional locking possibility of the room door
- Fire detection system with central reporting point
- Coffee, tea and hot chocolate facilities
- Information folder explaining the rooms, hotel, neighbourhood & region
- Safe in any (roomthe size of an A4 document)
- Refrigerator with drinks
- LED TV with standard Telenet TV offer (TV and Radio channels)
- WiFi internet
- Welcome gift (e.g. Belgian Chocotoffs and/or Jules Destrooper biscuits, etc.).
- Carrying rack for suitcase
- In 50% of our rooms: Trouser press
- In 8 of our rooms: Balcony overlooking the valley
- Brochure Heuvelland (3 languages)
- there are also at least 2 rooms that have beds with a length of more than 2 m,
- there are also at least 2 rooms with a double sink,
- There are also 2 rooms with separate bathroom and separate toilet,
- there is one suite of at least 50 m²,
- there's a central elevator that serves all the rooms.
Although the fire safety instructions provide doors with a fire resistance of 30 minutes, we installed acoustic doors with a fire resistance of 60 minutes in all our new VIP rooms.